Memorial and Honor Book Giving Program
Remember or honor a loved one with a donation to the Memorial and Honor Book Giving Programs. For a recommended minimum donation of $15.00, a special bookplate will be placed in the item(s) selected – inscribed with the name of the person you are honoring and a special message (if requested). This tribute will be shared with many others through a book or other materials purchased for the library’s collection.
You may request that IVPL purchase items that reflect the interests of the person you are honoring and we will do our best to select a book or books in that designated category. You may also specify that the library purchase items in our area of greatest need.
If you are interested in honoring a loved one through a gift to IVPL:
Click here for online giving;
Print and fill out this form and mail to IVPL, 100 East Church Avenue, Telford, PA 18969;
Or e-mail it to us to email@example.com.
If a purchased memorial or honorarium is no longer able to circulate for any reason (wear and tear, accidental damage, etc.) within 5 years of purchase, Northland will make every effort to replace it. The Library may not be able to replace an item after 5 years.
Northland does not accept memorial or honor donations of already purchased materials.
1) Stop by the library and pick up one of the program's flyers.
2) Fill our the form and return it to any Librarian at the Reference Desk.
3) Include cash or a check made out to Indian Valley Public Library - please be aware that most hard-cover books cost $15.00 or more.
4) We will try to purchase the specific book(s) that you request, but you can also put more general terms and we will try to find a book that would be the best fit to honor the person.
5) We will print the dedication you write on a bookplate that will be located in the front of the book and make the book available for lending.
6) We will then send a letter to the person who made the request on IVPL letterhead detailing the specific book that was donated.
Please contact DeAnne O'Brien at for any questions.