New Year, New Reads Winter Reading Challenge for Adults challenges patrons to read outside their comfort zone, with the goal of broadening understanding of others and providing insight into different cultures, opinions, and perspectives.
Between January 4 and March 31, read or listen to 8 or more books from the list below and you will be entered into a drawing to win a gift card from a local business. Share your favorite discoveries on IVPL's Facebook Page!
1. A book by a woman or AOC (author of color)
2. A book recommended to you by a friend or family member
3. A book that addresses current events, i.e. climate change, politics, pandemic, immigration, etc.
4. A top read from 2020 (fiction or non-fiction)
5. A book about a topic or subject you would like to learn about
6. An award winning book (fiction or non-fiction)
8. A collection of short stories, essays or poems
9. A book about the African American experience
10. Read a book, then watch the movie/tv show
To find a book or audiobook, go to our catalog
Need help from staff? Call 215-723-9109 or email email@example.com
To find eBooks or eAudiobooks, click on the links below:
Need suggestions for books to read or listen to? Try these websites: